With it’s 3,640 sq. kilometres, Mallorca is the largest of the Balearic Islands in the western Mediterranean, approximately 200 km from the Spanish mainland. The largest city is the capital, Palma de Mallorca, situated on the western side of the island. Mallorca has an average temperature of 26*C during the summer and 18*C during the winter. In summer the bathing temperature of the sea is approximately 25*C.
The island’s official language is Spanish and the local currency is the Euro. Shops and restaurants accept most major credit cards. Tap water is not always potable and it is advisable to purchase bottled water for drinking. The electricity supply is 220-230V and domestic sockets are the standard European 2-pin type. Mallorca has Central European Time (CET) and summertime just like mainland Spain.
To read more about Mallorca’s history and geography click here!
DIRECT FLIGHTS TO MALLORCA
Mallorca is served by direct fights from all over Europe. For a list of airlines flying to Palma de Mallorca airport click here.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION GUIDE
A guide containing more in-depth practical information can be found in each holiday apartment.
Carrer Ullastre 14, La Mola
E-07157 Puerto de Andratx
ARRIVAL TO THE APARTMENT
Calculate 2 hours for baggage claim, car rental and driving from Palma Airport to La Mola.
HOW TO GET TO LA MOLA
From the airport to Port d’Andratx
– drive straight onto the motorway westbound towards Palma
– from Palma follow Ma-20 (becoming Ma-1) towards Andratx
– leave just before Andratx and drive towards Puerto Andratx
From Port d’Andratx to the apartment complex Las Gamelas (The Twins)
– in Puerto Andratx follow the road along the harbour front keeping the water on the right-hand side (don’t cross the bridge)
– at the end of the harbour front turn left and after approx. 20 meters turn right (signposted La Mola)
– after approx. 2 km the road splits – keep left
– now take the first right turn followed by a left onto Carrer Ullastre (there’s an old tower on the left)
– Las Gemelas is a pair of white three-storey buildings on the right-hand side with a view over the water.
Car hire/rental cars are available in Palma de Mallorca airport. It is often a good idea to book a car in advance. Small cars are highly recommended, as parking spaces can be tight in the towns and at La Mola.